Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lessons from Popeye

I have many, many, many, many (I think you get the hint) family members who are wiley veterans at this blogging thing so as Popeye would say "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more". I figured I needed to give it a try. My wife and I stay very busy with our jobs, church, and our three fantastic but active kids, so we decided to tag team this blog to make sure it stays up-to-date.

To begin with, we will focus our blog posts primarily on sports news and family events (these are topics that we are very comfortable with and somewhat knowlegeable about), then we will expand it later and get our proverbial feet wet in other topics. We also will get some help, from time to time, from our kids - especially our oldest two (14 and 12 years old). We are very excited about our newest venture, but we ask that you be gentle with your remarks as we learn about this blogging process.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

I love it! I can't wait to read your blog. It's addictive!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Wow, your branch of the family tree is quite the blogging force! I'm looking forward to reading more from The First String.

Ruth said...

Congratulations. First String. Great start in blogging.

Jane said...

Welcome to blogdom! I look forward to getting to know you and your family through your blog.
It is a wonderful medium for communication and sharing your ideas so I can't wait to see what you post.
Good luck cuz!